What is the 3 valleys ?
The 3 Valleys® is the largest ski area in the world with a total of nine ski resorts:
Brides les bains
Saint-Martin les Bellevilles
All these resorts are linked by a network of ski lifts and slopes
and slopes that are unique in the world. To these, we must also add the resorts and villages at the bottom of the valley: Brides-les-Bains (600 meters above sea level), a spa resort linked to Meribel and the main town in the Allues valley by gondola, and Orelle (900 meters above sea level) in the Maurienne region, which has enabled the equipment of the southern slope, allowing access to the new summit of the 3 Valleys: the Pointe du Bouchet (3,400 m).
In a few figures it is :
- 600 km of slopes, the equivalent of a trip from Val Thorens to Paris
- 45 000 hectares of nature, the size of the Seychelles
- 105 km2 of trails, more than the whole of Paris
- 318 trails from 1 300 to 3 230 meters of altitude
- 172 ski lifts
- 50% easy runs (green and blue) and 50% expert runs (red and black)
- 1 common pass: the famous 3 Valleys pass
- 25 summits accessible by ski!
- 1,200 lift attendants at your service
- 62,000 meters of vertical drop or 7 times the slopes of the Himalayas...
Essential in your backpack for a 3 Valleys day :
- A bottle of water
- A few cereal bars or chocolates for the little munchies
- A tube of high protection sun cream
- A map of the slopes on the 3 Vallées application
- The closing hours of the lifts to get back to the right valley ;)