GENERAL CONDITIONS OF SALE
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF SALE OF THE SERVICES OF TEACHING AND SUPERVISION OF THE SKI AND OTHER DISCIPLINES OF GLIDE OF THE INSTRUCTORS OF COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB.
Updated on 23/11/2021
COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB
Address : 173 RUE DE L'ÉTRAT 73260 AIGUEBLANCHE
Phone number : 07.50.23.20.66
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Hereinafter named " COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB ".
Via our website, by telephone, by email or by any other means of remote communication you can now register for the services provided by the instructors of the COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB. For online sales via our website, you just have to follow the online registration procedure and your order will be transmitted to us electronically.
For other remote sales methods, please contact COUCHEVEL SKI CLUB.
Registration for COUCHEVEL SKI CLUB services implies full acceptance of the present general conditions.
ARTICLE 1 - COPYRIGHT
This entire website is governed by French and international legislation on copyright and intellectual property. Any representation, reproduction, modification, commercial use, as well as any transfer towards another site are prohibited, except with authorization to be requested by mail to the address indicated above. Only a strictly personal use is authorized.
ARTICLE 2 - SERVICES
All the instructors of COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB have followed a training validated by the French State and are holders of a valid authorization to teach skiing and its related disciplines. The teaching will be carried out according to the French Skiing Method, codified in the Memento of French Skiing Teaching (published by the French Ministry of Sports), and recognized on a national and international level. This teaching can take place in any environment and on any suitable snow to allow the acquisition of the skills mentioned in the Memento.
The services are provided individually or in groups. The good progress of the courses supposes a homogeneity of the skiers' level. As it is impossible for COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB's instructors to check the level of each student prior to enrolment, the student is responsible for choosing the technical level he or she has selected according to the grid established by COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB.
Consequently, COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB reserves the right to reincorporate a skier whose level does not correspond to his or her declaration into a group better suited to his or her level, subject to the capacities of the other groups. The skier will not be able to claim any reimbursement or compensation for this fact due to his declaration alone.
ARTICLE 3 - RESPONSIBILITY OF THE INSTRUCTORS
Learning to ski takes place in a specific environment with a random character. The practice of skiing therefore requires the student to personally take care of his or her own safety and that of third parties. The responsibility of the instructor is limited to an obligation of means. It is up to the student to respect the instructions of the instructor.
The student is solely responsible for his/her own equipment.
COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB is not responsible for accidents caused by skiers participating in the course.
ARTICLE 4 - INSURANCE
The service provider shall take out Professional Civil Liability insurance covering the instructors in the exercise of their duties against damage to a third party as well as the pupils during the time they are under the authority of COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB and the instructor.
The client and/or student is solely responsible for his or her equipment. The instructors shall not be held responsible for any damage caused by the equipment or in the event of theft or damage to the equipment.
ARTICLE 5 - FEES / REGISTRATION / PAYMENT
5.1 : Rates
COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB's prices are shown on the online sales site, accessible from courchevelskiclub.fr
The prices indicated include the teaching service provided by an instructor chosen by COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB and exclude any other service (insurance, ski lifts, accommodation, etc.), except in special cases. Consequently, the student must, prior to the scheduled lesson time, obtain a ski pass for access to the ski lifts and, according to his/her choice, insurance covering the risks inherent in the practice of sports in a mountain environment (civil liability, rescue, etc).
5.2 : Registration and payment terms
5.2.1 : For online sales made via our website:
You must complete the reservation procedure on this site. With the online payment your reservation will be transmitted to COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB. You will be immediately acknowledged by e-mail.
Payment shall be made in full at the time of dispatch of your reservation via the COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB online sales site. This payment constitutes the conclusion of the contract. It is confirmed by the sending of an e-mail.
A single means of registration and payment is available to you: Sending your reservation and bank transfer to COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB via the Internet using the Regiondo reservation system and the Stripe payment platform.
COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB shall only guarantee the availability of the courses offered at the time the contract is concluded.
5.2.2: For other distance selling methods:
Registration shall be made by sending a booking form together with full payment, by cheque, bank card, etc., to COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB.
COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB guarantees the availability of the courses offered at the time the contract is concluded.
Payment shall be deemed to constitute the conclusion of the contract.
5.2.3: For other sales methods:
The reservation is made upon full payment or 50% payment by bank transfer, cheque, credit card, etc., to COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB.
ARTICLE 6 - RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL NOT APPLICABLE WHATEVER THE METHOD OF RESERVATION (ONLINE OR DIRECT)
The right of withdrawal within a period of 14 days provided for in article L221-18 of the French Consumer Code shall not apply to services offered for sale in application of 12° of article L.221-28, in the case of leisure activity services which must be provided on a specific date.
ARTICLE 7 - CANCELLATION OR INTERRUPTION BY THE CLIENT
7.1 : Cancellation before the beginning of the service with partial payment:
This partial payment constitutes a deposit which shall be retained by COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB in the event of cancellation.
7.2 : Cancellation before the beginning of the service with a full payment:
Case N°1 : Cancellation of a reservation within 15 days before the service : (15-30 days before)
- If you have a legitimate reason (inability to ski certified by a medical certificate covering the period of the service): COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB will propose the postponement of the service if applicable and will otherwise refund the totality of the sums paid minus the booking fees (10% of the transaction with a minimum of 20 euros)
- In all other cases : COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB will reimburse the price paid minus booking fees (10% of the transaction with a minimum of 20 euros) to which will be added an indemnity for breach of contract (10% of the transaction with a minimum of 20 euros).
Case N°2 : Cancellation of a reservation between 8 and 14 days before the beginning of the service: (8-14 days before)
- If you have a legitimate reason (inaptitude to ski noted by a medical certificate covering the period of the service) : COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB will propose the postponement of the service if it is possible and will otherwise reimburse the entire amount paid minus the booking fee (10% of the transaction with a minimum of 20 euros).
- In all other cases : COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB will apply a deduction of 50% of the total price of the service.
Case N°3 : Cancellation of a reservation within 7 days before the beginning of the service: (7 days before)
- If you have a legitimate reason (inability to ski certified by a medical certificate covering the period of the service): COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB will propose the postponement of the service if it is possible and will refund otherwise the totality of the paid sums minus the booking fees (10% of the transaction with a minimum of 20 euros)
- In all other cases : COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB will NOT apply a full deduction of the price for the day or week paid.
Case N°4 : Interruption during the service
- If you have a legitimate reason (inability to ski certified by a medical certificate covering the period of the service): COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB will propose to postpone the service if possible and will otherwise refund the part not consumed in the form of a credit note calculated on the basis of the unit price minus the booking fee (10% of the transaction with a minimum of 20 euros).
- In all other cases : COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB shall NOT deduct the full price of the day or week paid.
ARTICLE 8 - CANCELLATION / INTERRUPTION / EXCLUSION BY COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB
8.1 : Cancellation / interruption
COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB reserves the right to cancel or interrupt lessons in the event of the closure of the ski runs or ski lifts or if the weather conditions make it dangerous for the group to enter the ski area.
8.2 : Refunds
- In any of the cases mentioned in article 7.1: COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB shall refund the sums paid by the customer in the event of cancellation of the service, and in the event of interruption shall grant the customer a credit note calculated on the basis of the unit price.
- In all other cases : COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB shall refund the sums paid by the customer and shall also pay the customer an indemnity equal to the sums paid in the event of cancellation of the service, and in the event of interruption shall grant the customer a credit note calculated on the basis of the unit price and shall also pay the customer an indemnity equal to the credit note.
8.3 : Exclusion
The instructors reserve the right to exclude at any time a person whose behavior is likely to disturb the progress and safety of the teaching. In this case, the customer will not be able to claim any refund.
ARTICLE 9 - PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Within the framework of the services it offers, COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB is required to collect personal data from its users.
The collection of this data is subject to the provisions of the European General Data Protection Regulation of 25 May 2018 and the French Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978.
9.1 : Data collected & collection of consent
The data collected when a COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB user voluntarily registers are: his/her surname, first name, postal address, e-mail address and telephone number.
This information is strictly necessary for the execution of the present contract agreed to by the user.
Photographs or videos may also be taken during classes and competitions. The consent of the students (or that of their legal representative for the minor students) for the diffusion of these images is collected via a form.
9.2 : Purpose of data processing
This data is collected for the exercise of the activity of COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB only.
The data collected may also be used for the purpose of commercial promotion of the COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB brand, subject to the user's express consent.
9.3: Person responsible for processing personal data
COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB is responsible for the processing of users' personal data collected for the performance of its activities.
9.4: Recipients of this data
The data collected is intended for the COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB management team.
It shall be treated with the utmost confidentiality and shall not be communicated to any third party without the express consent of the user concerned.
9.5 : Security of processing
The information collected is recorded in a computerised file of COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB. Appropriate technical and organizational measures are taken to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of users' personal data.
9.6 : Right of opposition, access, rectification and deletion
Any customer of COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB has the right to oppose, access, rectify and delete his/her personal data.
In order to do so, the customer must send a request by email to COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB: for statistical purposes, this data may be anonymised and aggregated.
9.7 : Storage period
The data collected shall be kept and archived by COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB. It shall be rendered anonymous after three consecutive seasons from the date of reservation if the user does not respond to any request from COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB.
ARTICLE 10 - SPECIAL INFORMATION - COVID19
For all bookings cancelled due to a health crisis announced by the French government (COVID-19), all sums paid will be postponed if possible, subject to presentation of proof (such as a medical certificate at the date of the service or a copy of an institutional decision), otherwise reimbursed.
If you are unable to participate in your service due to the reasons listed below, we will refund your reservation in full:
- If the ski resort is closed due to COVID-19.
- If the governmental measures taken by the French State announce a ban on travel and a mandatory confinement.
- If there is a necessary unforeseen isolation period required of the traveler upon arrival
- If the borders of France are closed and you are unable to go to the place of service.
- If the borders in your country are closed and you are unable to travel to or from your country after the service.
In case of interruption of the service due to a positive COVID-19 test, the sums paid will be postponed if possible, otherwise reimbursed on a "prorata temporis" basis, i.e. in proportion to the number of hours and days carried out.
ARTICLE 11 - SANITARY PASS INFORMATION
According to government announcements, all clients and/or students must respect the rules in force concerning the health pass and the wearing of masks in the ski lifts.
COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB and the instructors reserve the right to check the validity of the health pass if it is required by the government to access the ski lifts.
In this case, students who are not in possession of a valid health pass shall be subject to the provisions of article 7 of these general terms and conditions.
ARTICLE 12 - HELMET USE
Skiing is considered as a risky sport. Wearing a helmet is mandatory for children under 13 years old. And it is strongly advised for other participants.
COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB also recommends wearing a back protector, as well as wrist and knee pads when snowboarding.
ARTICLE 13 - SETTLEMENT OF DISPUTES
The parties shall endeavor to resolve amicably any difficulties that may arise in the execution of the contract. If no amicable agreement can be reached, all disputes relating to the validity, interpretation and execution of the present agreement will be governed exclusively by the rules of French law.
All disputes, of any nature whatsoever, will be subject to the jurisdiction of the French civil and commercial courts, including those ruling in summary proceedings.
ARTICLE 14 - MEDIATION
After having referred the matter to the management of COURCHEVEL SKI CLUB and in the absence of a satisfactory response or in the absence of a response within 60 days, the customer may refer the matter to the Tourism and Travel Mediator.